Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Musings

Just sitting here, hiding out in the break room at work before clocking in for the day.  One of my classmates in our Small Group at church said something this past week that's been stuck in my head ever since...are we "on purpose" for God?  As Philip Yancey puts so well, do we "step into the stream of His consciousness?"  I had to think about that long and hard...

It's an old saying now, almost a cliche, but still true...it's been said that "You (we) may be the only Bible some people will ever see."  That's something I have to remind myself of almost on a daily basis.  As I go about my day, as I perform my "same old routine" at work, as I'm stuck in commuter traffic driving on the way home, even as I interact and play with my two-year-old...am I letting my Light so shine?  Are you?...

No comments:

Post a Comment